Wednesday, April 4, 2012

You've Got Mail!

It's been a bad day. Another migraine, dizziness, and nausea. You know, the usual. I'm trying to remain upbeat about it all, but I asked Tom last night,

"How many more months of this do I have?"


On good days I celebrate my changing body. I take the dog on long walks through our backyard ravine. I eat salad for lunch, and I do some yoga stretches.

But on bad days, nothing much helps, and I find myself lying on the couch staring at the wall.

Which is exactly what I was doing today when the UPS truck rolled up to a stop in front of my house, and deposited into my mailbox my pre-ordered copy of Bloom, by Kelle Hampton.

Excited? Oh yes, I'm excited!

I've written about Kelle's blog before, and although I know she receives a lot of criticism (on average, I receive 20 hits per day from people googling "kelle hampton hate" or "kelle hampton annoying"), I just can't help loving her blog. I know nothing about her personal life, or whether she's a "good" person, and frankly, I don't care.

What I know is that her writing inspires me. Her blog posts lift me up when I need to be lifted up. And her photography is truly stunning.

So after my bad day, I anticipate an evening curled up on the couch, savouring the first glossy pages of Bloom.

7 comments:

  1. What do you mean by hits? How do you know that's what people are searching? I wonder why people dislike her...her blog is so positive and her pictures are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In your Blogger dashboard, you should have a link called "stats" You can look at how many people visit your blog, from where in the world, and how they find your site (i.e. do they use search terms?) It's really interesting! I also use Google Analytics, which is a little more precise, and tells me exactly how many "unique" visitors I have per month and how many page hits.

      Delete
    2. Interesting. I've looked at my stats before but I don't have my settings on for public search/promotion and I don't put in search terms either. I didn't realize you could analyze things so precisely. Maybe one day I'll open it up.

      Delete
  2. I love Kelle's blog and photography, but I have't visited her site in ages and totally missed she had a book coming out. I just watched the book trailer and it looks awesome. It would be great if you could do a mini-review on Bloom when you finish it, and feeling better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will write a little review - great idea! Finished it in record time, so it's not a heavy read (although, the book itself is kinda heavy...lol!)

      Delete
  3. I've behind on my blog reading! What great news that you are carrying a baby! I clearly recall the 'how many should I have' blog post you wrote. Nice to know that you now know what comes next. At least the next chapter. I won't bore you with the tales of 'wait until you see what two kids bring you' because as I said in my last post - its your story to write MIsty! Enjoy the ride.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran and picked up Bloom the day after it came out here...and finished it in 2 days. I loved, loved, loved it. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was, a keepsake in itself with the quality of paper and the hundreds of pictures she included. I hope it made you feel a bit better and you're having the sunshine we are having to help boost your energy levels.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and emails, as most bloggers do! You can reach me by clicking on my "about me" page and sending me an email, or leave me a note below a post and I'll be sure to get back to you!