Sunday, November 20, 2011

{Ottawa Doula} Fancy Free

The weekend was a long but joyful one, after welcoming a beautiful babe in the world after a marathon birth.

Doulas call births "marathons" when they require a full night, PLUS! These are the 24+ doozies that sock you a good one. Today has been my "hangover" day (another term we doulas use), when it feels very much like you drank 2 bottles of wine before hitting the hay.

In other news, the little birdies here at The Tweet are taking a bit of a vacation. An unexpected break between now and my next client has provided a window of opportunity - a chance to head to Toronto for a few days to visit with family and friends. We will then make our way further west to the little town of St. Thomas, ON, where we will celebrate an early Christmas with more family.

I fully expect to be immersed in this one-on-one time with my child and my loved ones, so you may not hear from me for a little while. However, if inspiration hits, a computer is never too far away.

Let it be.
So that I take what I know,
And see what I see
Along this path I want to be,
Full of joy and totally at ease
Breathing now, and fancy free.

1 comment:

I love comments and emails, as most bloggers do! You can reach me by clicking on my "about me" page and sending me an email, or leave me a note below a post and I'll be sure to get back to you!