Monday, November 7, 2011

19 more days to go!

It's November 7th, which marks the 7th day in a row that I've posted on my blog (ok, fine, you caught me - I didn't post yesterday. Sunday is the day of rest.)

I'm participating in NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month), through BlogHer. I'm not posting my blog posts on BlogHer - even though I have an account that rarely gets used - but I'm attempting to boost creative writing by forcing myself to write. Even when I'm bored, and having nothing interesting to say.

Today is one of those days - normally, I just wouldn't post, because I don't really have any exciting news, links or burning questions to put out into the world.

But writing is an art, and alas, I must practice. Since I have basically dropped all other art forms from my life at the moment, writing is my only outlet, and it's a really important one.

I wrote last week on the topic of self care, and I'll continue along those lines today. I'm still participating in A Peek Inside the Fishbowl's 100Club, and although I can't say I've been doing my jumping jacks every day, I've certainly kept up my walking.

My focus this week is on eating habits. After last week's Halloween candy binge, I began feeling really worn down and sluggish. Not to mention my face is a mess (a post later this week on adult acne - blech!!) So, I'm attempting to change some habits, and although I would like to say "forever," I've decided to be realistic and take it one week at a time.

My three problem areas are:

1) Alcohol: yes, I know there are benefits to having one drink each day. But there are also drawbacks, especially when trying to control blood sugar levels, which I have a devil of a time doing.

2) Sugar: My overall diet is fairly decent, but I do have a sugar problem. I realize that I can't cut sugar out of my life completely (trust me, I've tried), so I'm hoping to cut back...A LOT. This means that I'll be attempting to bake a low-sugar cookie this week, sweetened with maple syrup or honey. Stay tuned for that recipe on Friday!

3) Caffeine: as most of you probably do, I indulge regularly in this crack stuff. It's increased substantially in the past year or so, and I'm now at 2 mugs of black tea and 1 coffee each day. Cutting back is key, as I'm not willing to give up my one mug of morning tea.

Have you been making any lifestyle changes lately! Send me your tips and affirmations!

2 comments:

  1. Try switching your coffee to a decaf - you can get nice organic ones that taste really good. That is 1/3 caffeine cups that you've then cut out.
    Rylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've signed up to a gym and am trying to improve my eating habits. One day at a time :) Good luck with your changes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and emails, as most bloggers do! You can reach me by clicking on my "about me" page and sending me an email, or leave me a note below a post and I'll be sure to get back to you!